- 500 Years of Treasures from Oxford 2017 February 4, 2017 - April 30, 2017
Current traveling exhibitions
Satellite exhibition spaces
- First Folio! Shakespeare's American Tour November 19, 2016 - January 22, 2017
- Will & Jane: Shakespeare, Austen, and the Cult of Celebrity August 6, 2016 - November 6, 2016
- America's Shakespeare April 7, 2016 - July 24, 2016
- Shakespeare, Life of an Icon January 20, 2016 - March 27, 2016
- Age of Lawyers: The Roots of American Law in Shakespeare's Britain September 12, 2015 – January 3, 2016
- Ships, Clocks and Stars: The Quest for Longitude March 19, 2015 – August 23, 2015.
- Elizabethan Households (1995)
- Collectors’ Choice: Favorites from Collections of Friends of the Folger Library (1994–1995)
- Royal Autographs: the Tudor and Stuart Monarchs of England (1994)
- Roasting the Swan of Avon: Shakespeare's Redoubtable Enemies & Dubious Friends (1994)
- Unfaded Pageant: Edwin Austin Abbey (Loan Exhibition) (1994)
- Paintings from the Folger Shakespeare Library (1993–1994)
- Fabulous Beasts: Renaissance Animal Lore (1993)
- The Elizabethan View of Italy (1993)
- The exhibition catalog was written by Miranda Johnson-Haddad with Mary Tonkinson, Werner Gundersheimer, and Robert Eisenstein.
- New World of Wonders, 1492-1700 (1992–1993)
- The exhibition catalog was edited by Rachel Doggett with Monique Hulvey, and Julie Ainsworth.
- Fine and Historic Bookbindings (1992)
- The exhibition catalog was created by Frederick A. Bearman, Nati H. Krivatsy, J. Franklin Mowery with an introduction by Anthony Hobson. Photographs by Julie Ainsworth.
- Reign of the Horse: the Horse in Print, 1500-1715 (1992)
- The exhibitions catalog was prepared by Elizabeth Niemyer with the assistance of Susan Scola with an introduction to the catalogue by Anthony Dent.
- The First Folio of Shakespeare (1991)
- Five Years of Acquisitions (1990–1991)
- Cathedral: Faith in Stone (1990)
- Rosenbach Redux: Further Book Adventures in Book Collecting (1990)
- Shakespeare: The Works (1989)
- Women in the Renaissance (1989)
- Age of William III and Mary II – Tercentenary Exhibition (1989)
- The Grete Herball: Books from the Collection of Mary P. Massey (1988–1989)
- The Elizabethan Theater: the Theater Art of C. Walter Hodges (1988)
- Folger’s choice : Favorites on our Fifty-fifth Anniversary (1987)
- Vision Into Verse: Marianne Moore and the Modernist Poem (1987–1988)
- Time: The Greatest Innovator: Timekeeping and Time Consciousness in Early Modern Europe (1986–1987)
- The exhibition catalog was edited by Rachel Doggett with the assistance of Susan Jaskot and Robert Rand.
- The Compleat Gentleman: Books from English Country Houses (1985–1986)
- Emily Dickinson Centennial Symposium and Exhibition (1986)
- The Kemble Family: A Theatrical Dynasty (1985)
- The Collector and the Dream (1982–1983) "in at least 3 parts"
- The Treatment of Books and Art Materials (1983)
- Gifts in Honor of the 50th Anniversary (1983)
- Martin Luther, 1483-1546: A Jubilee Exhibition (1983)
- Shakespeare, the Globe, and the World (1979–1981)
- No formal exhibition catalog was produced, but there is an accompanying book by Samuel Schoenbaum and a magazine article by Michael Bandler.
- This exhibition traveled during the period in which renovations were being carried out on the Folger buildings on Capitol Hill, and so was never displayed at the Folger Shakespeare Library itself.
- "A Decade of Folger Acquisitions: 1968-1978" (1978-1979)
- "Petrarch in America : a survey of Petrarchan manuscript" (1974)
- At the Folger Shakespeare Library, April 6-May 5, and the Pierpont Morgan Library, May 16-June 27.
- The exhibition catalog
Exhibitions by year
Folger exhibitions 2013–2014
Folger exhibitions 2012–2013
Folger exhibitions 2011–2012
Folger exhibitions 2010
Folger exhibitions 2009–2010
Folger exhibitions 2008–2009
Folger exhibitions 2007–2008
Folger exhibitions 2006–2007
Folger exhibitions 2005
Folger exhibitions 2004–2005
Folger exhibitions 2003
Folger exhibitions 2002–2003
Folger exhibitions 2001–2002
Folger exhibitions 2000–2001
Folger exhibitions 1999
Folger exhibitions 1998–1999
Folger exhibitions 1997–1998
Folger exhibitions 1996–1997
Folger exhibitions 1995–1996