Relinking records in Voyager
This article describes how to relink a PO line item to a different bibliographic record so that an incorrect or obsolete bibliographic record can be deleted.
- Open the line item (in Cataloging: Ctrl-m or Record > View line items in Acquisitions)
- On the "Bib Record" tab, click the "Change Bib Record" button
- Search for and open the bibliographic record you want to link to
- Note: because Voyager can only show three columns (currently Author, Title, Imprint) it can be hard to know you're picking the right record if more than one comes up (Click the "MARC" button in the "Titles Index" window to take a peek at the bib record you've highlighted)
- If you select the bib that's already associated with that line item, you'll get the error "You have selected the same bib. Please select a different bib" so unless more than two can't be differentiated, you'll be fine
- Click "OK"
- Select "Delete Current Holdings" if all needed local information has been copied to the "good" record
- Click inside the "New Holdings" column to display the ellipsis button
- Click the ellipsis button
- Click "Re-Link" (or click "MARC" first to take a peek at the full holding record you'll be linking to)
- Click "Save"
- Click "OK"
Note: A completed PO line item can't be linked to additional bibliographic records, just moved. If one bib is replaced by multiple new bibs (e.g., a serial record replaced with records for individual articles), contact Acquisitions; they will make an identical PO line item to be linked to the additional record(s).