The Conference of the Birds (Folger Theatre, 2012)
Folger Theatre produced Farid Uddi Attar'sThe Conference of the Birds, adapted by Jean-Claude Carrière and Peter Brook, directed by Aaron Posner, choreographed by Erika Chong Shuch, from October 23 to November 25, 2012.
The show is based on the poem by Farid Uddi Attar, and was adapted for the stage by Jean-Claude Carrière and Peter Brook.
The production was nominated for one Helen Hayes Award, "Outstanding Choreography, Resident Production", for Erika Chong Shuch.
Entertainment unions represented in Folger Theatre productions include The Stage Directors and Choreographers Society (DCS), United Scenic Artists (USA), and the Actors' Equity Association (AEA), which includes members of the Union of Professional Actors and Stage Managers.
- Patty Gallagher: Hoopoe
- Katie deBuys, Britt Duff, Jessica Frances Dukes, Jay Dunn, Robert Barry Fleming, Tara Giordano, Celeste Jones, Jens Rasmussen, Annapurna Sriram, Tiffany Rachelle Stewart: The Birds
- Tom Teasley: Musician
- Raven Bonniwell: Hoopoe, Heron, Duck
- Colin Michael Brush: Parrot, Falcon, Magpie
- Kathryn Connors: Nightingale, Partridge, Sparrow
- Natalie Tucker: Peacock, Dove
- Farid Uddi Attar, Author
- Jean-Claude Carrière, Adaptor
- Peter Brook, Adaptor
- Aaron Posner, Director
- Tom Teasley, Original Music/Sound Design
- Meghan Raham, Scenic Design
- Olivera Gajic, Costume Design
- Jennifer Schriever, Lighting Design
- Michele Osherow, Resident Dramaturg
- Amanda Michaels, Production Stage Manager
- Marie Sproul, Assistant Director
- Alicia Sells, Assistant Stage Manager
- James Kramer, Production Assistant
- Jens Rasmussen, Dance Captain
- Annalisa Dias-Mandoly, Dramaturg Assistant
- Samina Vieth, Prop Master
- Brooke Robbins, Scenic Assistant
- Bella Faccia, Inc., Scenery Construction
- Adalia Vera Tonneyck, Costume Assistant/Wardrobe Head
- Ananda Keator, Costume Assistant/Stitcher
- Aaron Waxman, Master Electrician
- John Rose-Caron, Light Board Operator
- Matthew M. Nielson, Sound Head
- Brandon Roe, Sound Board Operator
- James Kegley, Promotional Photography
- Scott Suchman, Production Photography
- Heather Daniels, Mark Fastoso, & APTV, Promotional Video
- WAPAVA, Archival Recording
- C2, Inc., Open Captioning
- The Nightingale Song by Annapurna Sriram
- The Valley of Love by Britt Duff
- Janet Alexander Griffin, Artistic Producer
- Beth Emelson, Assistant Artistic Producer
- David Polk, General Manager
- Charles Flye, Theatre Production Manager
- Rebekah Sheffer, Assistant Technical Director
- Teresa Wood, Casting Assistant
Watch the trailer for this production of The Conference of the Birds.
Hear director Aaron Posner and members of the cast discuss the play and the poem of the same name.
Listen to musician Tom Teasley's history of the frame drum, an instrument featured in the production.