On the Middle Sea
Folger Consort performed On the Middle Sea in the Gallery and the Elizabethan Theatre on April 29 and April 30, 1979. The program featured music from countries around the Mediterranean Sea, the center of the classical world. The selections spanned from 1150 to 1400 AD, a period filled with wild and contrasting changes.
- Robert Eisenstein: vielle, lute, rebec
- Christopher Kendall: lute, harp
- Warren Luther: vielle, psaltery
- Scott Reiss: recorder, percussion
- Ann Monoyios: soprano
- Louise Schulman: vielle, lute