Nathan The Wise
Folger Theatre, in association with Theater J, produced Michael Bloom's adaptation of Gotthold Ephraim Lessing's play Nathan the Wise, directed by Adam Immerwahr, from March 16 to April 10, 202.
In 12th-century Jerusalem, Jews, Christians, and Muslims live side by side in peace—or so they hope. As tensions rise, the ruling sultan asks: “Which religion is the one most beloved by G-d?” Lives, and the future of Jerusalem itself, are on the line as the brilliant Jewish merchant Nathan seeks an answer.
Entertainment unions represented in Folger Theatre productions include The Stage Directors and Choreographers Society (**), United Scenic Artists (***), and the Actors' Equity Association (*), which includes members of the Union of Professional Actors and Stage Managers.
- Sarah Corey*: Sittah
- Maboud Ebrahimzadeh*: Saladin
- Eric Hissom*: Nathan
- James J. Johnson*: Friar
- Drew Kopas*: Templar
- John Lescault*: Patriarch
- Jo Twiss*: Daya
- Sorab Wadia*: Al-Hafi
- Em Whitworth*: Rachel
- Michael Bloom: Adapter
- Gotthold Ephraim Lessing: Playwright
- Adam Immerwahr: Director
- Paige Hathaway***: Scenic Design
- Ivania Stack***: Costume Design
- Colin K. Bills***: Lighting Design
- Sarah O'Halloran***: Sound Design
- Amanda Herring: Choreography
- Pamela Weiner: Props Design
- Adam Ashraf Elsayigh: Cultural Competency Consultant
- Calleri Jensen Davis: NYC Casting Agency
- Jenna Place: Casting Director
- Anthony O. Bullock*: Production Stage Manager
- Karen Ann Daniels, Artistic Producer
- Beth Emelson, Associate Artistic Producer
- David Polk, General Manager
- Charles Flye, Theatre Production Manager
- Rebekah Sheffer, Assistant Technical Director
- Read Peter Mark's review of Nathan the Wise in The Washington Post.
- Read The Washington Post's feature on the play from the March 18 edition of the 'Weekend' section.
- Read the American Theatre Magazine story on Michael Bloom adapting Nathan the Wise.
- Pre-show Talk: Nathan the Wise (2022)
- Stage Director Talk: Nathan the Wise (2022)