MARC 510 Reference Citation Note
MARC field 510 in the bibliographic format contains citations or references to published bibliographic descriptions of the content of the described item. It is labeled Bibliographic Citation in Hamnet, and can be searched from the Advanced Search tab.
1st = 4 - Location in source given 2nd = Undefined
ǂa Name of source (NR) ǂc Location within source (NR) ǂu Uniform Resource Identifier (NR) ǂx International Standard Serial Number (NR) ǂ3 Materials specified (NR)
Policy and formulation
- Use 510 for bibliographical descriptions of the described item, including its description in a List of Folger exhibition catalogs.
- In general, follow the forms as given in Standard Citation Forms for Rare Materials Cataloging
- If formulating a new citation form, follow the Working Principles of Standard Citation Forms (to be discussed: when to propose the new form to RBMS)
- No general use is currently made of a URI. Do not use to link to the Hamnet record for the bibliography.
- The field does not end with a mark of punctuation, unless the field ends with an abbreviation, initial/letter, or other data that ends with a mark of punctuation.