MARC 368 Other Attributes of Person or Corporate Body
MARC field 368 in the Authority format contains information about attributes that serve to characterize a person or corporate body or that may be needed for differentiation from other persons or corporate bodies and for which separate content designation is not already defined.
- For a person: Can include designations of the title of a person or other attributes.
- For a corporate body: Can include designations indicating the type of corporate body or jurisdiction, or other attributes.
This field is repeatable.
ǂaType of corporate body (R)
ǂbType of jurisdiction (R)
ǂcOther designation (R)
ǂdTitle of person (R)
ǂsStart period (NR)
ǂtEnd period (NR)
Policy and formulation
Include field 368 in all NARs for corporate bodies, providing both very basic and more specific identification of the type of corporate body. Refer to local constant data (in the Shared Authorities file in Connexion) for frequently-used terms.
368 Businesses (Business enterprises) ǂa Publishing houses ǂ2 aat
- MARC authority 368
- MARC authority 368 in Cataloger's Desktop (Access limited by licensing agreements)
- RDA 9.4.1 Basic Instructions on Recording Titles of Persons (Access limited by licensing agreements)
- RDA 11.7. Other Designation Associated with the Corporate Body (Access limited by licensing agreements)