Voyager quick start guide
This article describes basic functions of Voyager for a person who is new to Voyager but may have used other integrated library systems before.
Searching in Voyager
- The Search button is located in the icon bar at the top of the screen as a magnifying glass over text (Alt+R+S)
- Four different search tabs are available: keyword, index selection, builder, and history
- To set a default tab, use the Default Tab button on the bottom left corner of the search screen. If the button is grayed out, the default is already selected for that tab.
- Double-clicking on the search result ends pulls up the bibliographic record.
- To view the holdings record, use the Get Hldgs button at the icon bar at the top of the screen (Alt+R+H)
- To view the item record, select Get Items (Alt+R+M)
- To view the bibliographic record again, select Get Bib (Ctrl+J)
To personalize and quickly ascertain different types of records in lists, you can change the color and font style of different record types.
- Go to Options, select Preferences, then Colors/fonts.
- Click the corresponding buttons to update preferences