Vienna: Music for Maximilian (2013)
Folger Consort performed Vienna: Music for Maximilian from April 12 to 14, 2013.
Between 1493 and 1519, the Viennese Imperial Court of Maximilian I, Holy Roman Emperor, amassed the largest musical establishment in Europe. Maximilian had a chapel choir filled with famous singer-composers, military bands, an array of chamber instruments, and virtuoso organists. The Consort performed lovely, lively, and lusty songs; charming instrumental pieces; and monumental sacred pieces proclaiming the glory of the Habsburg Emperor to the world.
- Robert Eisenstein: viol, recorder
- Christopher Kendall: lute
- Peter Becker: bass-baritone
- Mark Bleeke: tenor
- C. Keith Collins: dulcian,recorder, harp
- Wendy Gillespie: viol
- Martin Near: countertenor
- Daniel Stillman: dulcian, trombone, recorder
- John Wiggins: tenor