The Armchair Reference Radio Half Hour
The Armchair Reference Radio (Half) Hour!, is a bi-monthly, short-form virtual program that allows the Researcher Services team to share information about resources and new projects, while also engaging with viewers in a light-hearted but meaningful way.
Each program in the series is conceived as an episode of a vintage radio show—including a live studio audience—broken down into segments that incorporate radio formats including interviews and conversations, short stories, and news. Episodes revolve around the Folger’s strengths and researcher needs—format-based research themes like printed books and manuscripts or genre research of poetry and drama.
Invitations are issued to registered Folger readers. If you are not already a reader, you are welcome to sign up at our online portal.
Show notes and recordings
Episode 1: The Infinite Variety Show
Recording coming soon!
- "Subscribe & Save": a feature highlighting subscription e-resources available through the online research portal at request.folger.edu (account required)
- How to use the online research portal
- Introduction to three newest resources, Early Modern England: Society, Culture and Everyday Life, 1500-1700, New Cambridge Shakespeare, Bibliography of British and Irish History
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with research account or help navigating to these resources
- Contact email@example.com for assistance using these resources and others
- "Fancy Free": a feature showcasing freely available web resources
- "Off the Shelf": short story highlighting a Folger collection item
- This month's feature: Diary of Junius Brutus Booth for 1864, Y.d.374
- "What's New with You?": an interview with a Folger Collections staff member about a recently completed project
- Spoke with Erin Blake, Senior Cataloger for Art and Manuscripts about the card catalog re-keying project
- Read more about this project at The Collation