Shakespeare in American Life exhibition item list
Revision as of 15:23, 22 December 2014 by KateCovintree (Created page for item list based on Hamnet listings.)
This article gives a listing of items exhibited in Shakespeare in American Life, one of the Exhibitions at the Folger. Listed chronologically, the catalog entry number is included before the Call number.
- William Shakespeare. The tragedy of Othello, the Moor of Venice. Souvenir promptbook. [S.l. : s.n., n.d.]. Catalog item 86. Call number: PROMPT Oth. Fo.2 and LUNA Digital Image.
- Othello: a burlesque. As performed by Griffin & Christy’s Minstrels, New York. Clyde, OH: Ames, [n.d.]. Catalog item 27. Call number: PR2829.A72 O7
- William Shakespeare. Mr. VVilliam Shakespeares comedies, histories, & tragedies: published according to the true originall copies. London: Printed by Isaac Iaggard, and Ed. Blount, 1623. Catalog item 1. Call number: STC 22273 Fo.1 no.41 and Binding image on LUNA.
- Samuel Purchas. Purchas his pilgrimes. In fiue bookes. London: Printed by William Stansby, 1625. Catalog item 3. Call number: STC 20509 Copy 1 Vol. 4 and LUNA Digital Image.
- John Smith. The generall historie of Virginia, New-England, and the Summer Isles. Divided into sixe bookes. London: Printed by J. D[awson] and J. H[aviland], 1631. Catalog item 4. Call number: STC 22790c.2 and LUNA Digital Image.
- Quotation from Julius Caesar in the hand of John Adams. Manuscript, 18th or 19th century. Catalog item 37. Call number: Y.d.246 and LUNA Digital Image.
- William Knight Northall. Macbeth travestie. Promptbook. [18--?]. Catalog item 30. Call number: PR2823.A72 N7 1852.
- Augustus Robin. Edwin Forrest as Macbeth: [in Shakespeare’s Macbeth]. Engraving. [United States?: s.n., 19th century?]. Catalog item 14. Call number: ART File F728 no.18 (size XS) and LUNA Digital Image.
- Tickets to Readings from Shakespeare signed by Fanny Kemble. Manuscript, 19th century. Catalog item 43. Call number: Y.d.443.
- Shakespeare Society of Philadelphia. Menus for annual dinners ... : various dates between 1860 and 1880. Catalog item 78. Call number: Sh.misc. 372 and LUNA Digital Image.