Screenplays: Difference between revisions
mNo edit summary
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Screenplays are typically added to the [[
Screenplays are typically added to the [[|]], , ....
Revision as of 11:25, 14 September 2016
Screenplays are typically added to the manuscript collection and given sequential manuscript call numbers, but may be added elsewhere, such as Promptbooks or Modern materials cataloging at the Folger#Sh.Misc.; check with your supervisor if you're not sure.
As of August 2014, modern catalogers will create records for most mechanically-produced screenplays, whether typescript or produced through a commercial printer.
- Use "Books" workform
- Either Type code a (regular language material) or t (manuscript language material) may be appropriate, depending on how much you can determine about the distribution of the item. Prefer code t when uncertain.
- Do not add a GMD to the 245 field.
- Previously, Folger catalogers omitted place and publisher from the 260 field (and subsequently included Country code xx). As part of the transition to RDA, catalogers should include place and publisher, printer, and/or producer in 264 field(s) if known, designating the appropriate second indicator for each.
- Add a note on the nature of the item, unless it is explicit in the title and statement of responsibility area that the resource being cataloged is a screenplay.
- Add a note about the draft/date if available.
- Add a note about the copy number of the screenplay in field 852 ‡z (i.e., a copy-specific note).
852 8_ ‡b DeckC-Rare ‡h W.b.654 ‡j MS Add 1226 ‡z Copy number 18.
- Add a genre term for "Film scripts." For some items, "Film adaptations" or "Plays" may also be appropriate.
655 7 Film scripts. ‡2 rbgenr
- Add a uniform title in the 730 field, especially if it is already an established heading. (Exception: if the screenplay was never produced as a film, do not add a 730.)
730 0 Shakespeare in love (Motion picture)
730 0 Tempest (Television program : 1998)
- If the screenplay has resulted in a catalogable product - such as a motion picture - make a related work added entry.
Handwritten screenplays are cataloged as manuscripts according to the manuscript cataloging guidelines.