Pressbooks and press kits
|This article contains text copied from legacy files and may or may not reflect current information.|
These are ART Vols. cataloged by modern materials catalogers. Pressbooks were issued by studios to help theater owners promote particular films; they often include information about the film in addition to recommended advertising strategies. Souvenir programs can be for either films or stage productions.
- Add a 500 note on the nature of the resource.
500 Souvenir booklet from Katharine Cornell's 1947 production of Antony and Cleopatra.
- Add the appropriate genre term in a 655 field.
655 7 Souvenir programs. ‡2 rbgenr
- Add 6xx entries for the names of prominent actors, characters, and the play, depicted. If for a film, also add a 630 for the uniform title of the motion picture, depicted, and a 730 for the motion picture.
- Add a 700 for the original play.
- Add a 700 name/title added entry for the original play.
- Add a 7xx for the film or theater company promoting the film or production.
630 00 Ran (Motion picture), ‡e depicted. (or just the uniform title without "depicted"?)
600 10 Shakespeare, William. ‡t King Lear, ‡e depicted.
730 0 Ran (Motion picture).
730 0 King Lear
700 1 Shakespeare, William. ‡t King Lear.
710 2 Theatre Guild.