Pressbooks and press kits
|This article contains text copied from legacy files and may or may not reflect current information.|
These are ART Vols. cataloged by modern materials catalogers. Pressbooks were issued by studios to help theater owners promote particular films; they often include information about the film in addition to recommended advertising strategies. Souvenir programs can be for stage productions, film releases, or special showings of films. As of August 2014, pressbooks and programs for film releases are fully cataloged; programs for single events or theatrical runs are given a minimal-level record and sequential program call number only.
- Add a 500 note on the nature of the resource.
500 Souvenir booklet from Katharine Cornell's 1947 production of Antony and Cleopatra.
- Add the appropriate genre term in a 655 field.
655 7 Souvenir programs. ‡2 rbgenr
- Add 6xx entries for the names of prominent actors, characters, and the play, depicted.
600 10 Shakespeare, William, ‡d 1564-1616. ‡t King Lear, ‡e depicted.
- If for a film, also add a 630 for the uniform title of the motion picture, depicted, and a 730 for the motion picture.
630 00 Ran (Motion picture), ‡e depicted.
730 0 Ran (Motion picture).
- Add a 700 name/title added entry for the original play.
700 1 Shakespeare, William. ‡t King Lear.
- Add a 7xx for the film or theater company promoting the film or production.
710 2 Theatre Guild.
- Add a 752 entry for place(s) of publication, manufacture, etc. If the program is for a single film showing or theatrical production, add a 751 entry for place of occurrence.
752 United States ‡b New York (State) ‡d New York.