Whenever possible, material is fully cataloged in Hamnet before being exhibited (including exhibition at Acquisitions Night). When there isn't time for full cataloging, catalogers make sure that the following information is correct in Hamnet:
- Fixed field data
- Title (verify transcription, if present)
- Place of creation, if applicable (verify transcription, if present)
- Publisher, if applicable (verify transcription, if present)
- Date (verify transcription, if present)
- Relationship designators, if present
- Information from the dealer's description, if present, has an introductory phrase (like "Dealer's description:")
- HBCN "This record represents material that has not yet been cataloged. It may contain incorrect or incomplete information. Please consult Curator for assistance."
In addition, delete any obviously incorrect headings.
After exhibition, return to the item and catalog it fully.