Pop-up exhibitions at the Folger
Starting in 2017, the Folger has hosted several staff-curated "pop-up" exhibitions. These are temporary exhibits which feature around 15 items from the Folger collection on display for only a few hours. Pop-up exhibitions allow us to display some of our lesser-known or -circulated items, and also give staff outside of the Exhibitions department a glimpse at what curating an exhibit is like.
All exhibitions so far have taken place in the Deck B Seminar Room.
- Written by a Lady (November 14). Curated by Folger Public Programs.
- I Put a Spell on You: Poetry, Witches, and Witchcraft (October 30). Curated by Teri Cross-Davis and Beth DeBold.
- Music for Machiavelli (September 25). Curated by Greg Prickman.
- Shakespeare’s Westeros: Literary and Historical Inspirations for Game of Thrones (May 23, 2019 11am-2pm). Curated by Kate Long.
- Small Latin and less Greek: A WhanThatAprilleDay pop-up exhibit (April 2). Curated by Sara Butterfass Schliep.
- Tastes of the Mediterranean (March 31). Curated by Elisa Tersigni.
- "A scribbled form drawn with a pen upon a parchment": Shakespearean cartoons and caricatures (March 18). Curated by Sarah Hovde.
- Shakespeare, Past and President: A Presidents' Day Pop-up (February 19). Curated by Rachel B. Dankert.
- Off With His Head: the 370th Anniversary of the Execution of Charles I (January 29 and 31). Curated by Beth DeBold.
- A New Year's Gift: Pop-Up Exhibition (January 16). Curated by Beth DeBold.
- Muggle Books of Magic and Wizardry: From Hogwarts to the Folger (October 31). Curated by Meghan Carafano.
- Spotlight on the Art Collections: Watercolors (September 28). Curated by Kristen Sieck.
- Golden Century: Spanish Books at Folger (May 25). Curated by Andrès Álvarez-Dávila.
- English Civil War Broadsides: Nadia Sophie Seiler Resident Pop Up (June 29). Curated by Brittney Washington.
- Summer Vibes (July 27). Curated by Rachel B. Dankert.
- Pi(e) Day pop-up exhibition 2018 (March 14). Curated by Emily Wahl, Beth DeBold, and Sarah Powell.
- Feast of Feasts: Celebrations in the Folger Collection (December 18). Curated by Dumbarton Oaks Fellows Andrès Álvarez-Dávila and Abby Westover.
- "The Word they still shall let remain": a Reformation pop-up exhibit (November 15). Curated by Rachel B. Dankert and Emily Wahl.
- The Discouerie of Witchcraft in the Vaults (October 31). Curated by Sarah Hovde and Anna Loewenthal.
- Black Monday: Eclipses in the Folger Collection (August 21). Curated by Beth DeBold.