Pop-up exhibitions at the Folger
Starting in 2017, the Folger has hosted several staff-curated "pop-up" exhibitions. These are temporary exhibits which feature around 15 items from the Folger collection on display for only a few hours. Pop-up exhibitions allow us to display some of our lesser-known or -circulated items, and also give staff outside of the Exhibitions department a glimpse at what curating an exhibit is like.
All exhibitions so far have taken place in the Deck B Seminar Room.
Shakespeare’s Westeros: Literary and Historical Inspirations for Game of Thrones (May 23, 2019 11am-2pm)
- Small Latin and less Greek: A WhanThatAprilleDay pop-up exhibit (April 2)
- Tastes of the Mediterranean (March 31)
- "A scribbled form drawn with a pen upon a parchment": Shakespearean cartoons and caricatures (March 18)
- Shakespeare, Past and President: A Presidents' Day Pop-up (February 19)
- Muggle Books of Magic and Wizardry: From Hogwarts to the Folger (October 31)
- Spotlight on the Art Collections: Watercolors (September 28)
- Summer Vibes (July 27)
- Pi(e) Day (March 14)
- Feast of Feasts: Celebrations in the Folger Collection (December 18)
- "The Word they still shall let remain": a Reformation pop-up exhibit (November 15)
- The Discouerie of Witchcraft in the Vaults (October 31)
- Black Monday: Eclipses in the Folger Collection (August 21)