As soon as the Acquisitions department places an order, a record for that item becomes visible in Hamnet. New open-stacks books are regularly featured on the "New Books" truck in the Reading Room. Lists of new vault acquisitions are periodically posted to Folgerpedia (but so far there is only one).
The Folger does not normally publicize acquisitions until the material has arrived and been processed, though items on order can always be found by searching Hamnet. Exceptions include newsworthy public sales, such as the Robert S. Pirie sale, where lots for which the Folger was high bidder were announced through social media on the evening of the last day of the sale.
This article will be expanded with such things as:
- Links to lists of new acquisitions:
- Photo of new acquisitions
- The difference between "acquisition" (purchasing an item, or receiving it as a gift) and "accession" (formally adding that item to the collection)
- annual Acquisitions Night fundraiser
- summaries, with links, to: