Nell Gwynn (2019): Difference between revisions
(Created page with "Folger Theatre produced Nell Gwynn By Jessica Swale Original music by Kim Sherman. Directed by Robert Richmond. The production ran January 29th 2019 - March 9th 2019. An o...")
|Line 7:||Line 7:|
Revision as of 08:55, 20 May 2020
Folger Theatre produced Nell Gwynn By Jessica Swale Original music by Kim Sherman. Directed by Robert Richmond. The production ran January 29th 2019 - March 9th 2019.
An orange seller from the streets of Drury Lane steps onto the stage and becomes the darling of the Restoration theater. Nell discovers one of her biggest fans is none other than Charles II. Smitten with Nell’s spirit, the king brings her to court as a favorite mistress. Commissioned by Shakespeare's Globe, this sparkling portrait of a rare woman earned accolades in London, including the 2016 Olivier Award for Best New Comedy. This heart-warming and hilarious look at an amazing woman of her—or any—age is “a roaring good time” (DC Theatre Scene).
Entertainment unions represented in Folger Theatre productions include The Stage Directors and Choreographers Society (**), United Scenic Artists (***), and the Actors' Equity Association (*), which includes members of the Union of Professional Actors and Stage Managers.
- Regina Aquino*, Lady Castlemaine & Louise de Keroualle
- Caitlin Cisco*, Rose Gwynn
- Kevine Collins, Musician
- Chrsitopher Dinolfo*, Edward Kynaston
- Catherine Flye*, Nancy & Ma Gwynn
- R. J. Foster*, King Charles II
- Quinn Franzen*, Charles Hart
- Michael Glenn*, John Dryden
- Nigel Gore*, Thomas Killigrew
- Jeff Keogh*, Lord Arlington
- Alison Luff*, Nell Gwynn
- Alex Michell, Ned Spigget
- Zoe Speas, Queen Catherine, Musician