MARC 751 Added Entry - Geographic Name
MARC field 751 in the Bibliographic format contains an added entry in which the entry element is a geographic name that is related to a particular attribute of the described item.
ǂa - Geographic name (NR) ǂe - Relator term (R) ǂ2 - Source of heading or term (NR) ‡3 - Materials specified (NR) ‡4 - Relator code (R)
Policy and formulation
- Apply to records for vault materials.
- Use when there is an event associated associated with a resource. Specifically,
- sermons, addresses, auctions, etc.
- descriptions/depictions of battles
- place of performance, if appearing prominently
- Do not use for place names associated with almanacs.
- Use authorized form of geographic name.
- Add a relationship designator.
ǂe event place(from the MARC 21 relator code and term list) is expected to be appropriate for most circumstances.
ǂ2 lcshas appropriate
A sermon preached in Essex and published in London
751 Essex (England), ǂe event place. ǂ2 naf 752 Great Britain ǂb England ǂd London.
An acting edition of a London production printed in Dublin
751 London (England), ǂe event place. ǂ2 naf 752 Ireland ǂd Dublin. ǂ2 naf
A catalog printed in London for an auction to be held in London
751 London (England), ǂe event place. ǂ2 naf 752 Great Britain ǂb England ǂd London.
Commemoration of a sea battle that took place off the coast of Lowestoft, printed in London
751 Lowestoft (England), ǂe event place. ǂ2 naf 752 Great Britain ǂb England ǂd London.