MARC 675 Source Data Not Found
MARC field 675 in the Authority format contains citations for consulted sources in which no information is found related in any manner to the entity represented by the authority record or related entities.
ǂa Source citation
Policy and formulation
- Use to record sources where you might reasonably expect to find an entry, but it's not there, for example:
- Oxford DNB for dead British people
- ULAN for artists
- Take a broad approach to "might reasonably expect to find," that is, cite sources consulted that might have included the entity, even if the entity is obscure (for example, Benezit for an unidentified engraver)
- Precede additional ǂa's with a semicolon
- Give view date of dynamic resources
- Since these are notes, it is permissible to render date in form: yyyy-mm-dd
- In general, do not cite VIAF, unless the person's absence is significant. Apply cataloger's judgment.
- With dynamic sources, such as Wikipedia or VIAF, always include a date viewed or searched, so the note doesn't become incorrect in the future.
675 Benezit; ǂa ULAN 2015-01-16