MARC 510 Reference Citation Note
MARC field 510 in the bibliographic format contains citations or references to published bibliographic descriptions of the content of the described item.
1st = 4 - Location in source given 2nd = Undefined
ǂa Name of source ǂc Location Within source ǂu Uniform Resource Identifier
Policy and formulation
- Use 510 for bibliographical descriptions of the described item, including its description in a List of Folger exhibition catalogs.
- In general, follow the forms as given in Standard Citation Forms (Z695.74 .V36 1996 Reading Room Ref.)
- If formulating a new citation form, use the instructions in the forthcoming electronic version of Standard Citation Forms (SCF revision wiki)
- No general use is currently made of a URI. Do not use to link to the Hamnet record for the bibliography.
- The field does not end with a mark of punctuation, unless the field ends with an abbreviation, initial/letter, or other data that ends with a mark of punctuation.