MARC 510 Reference Citation Note
MARC field 510 in the bibliographic format contains citations or references to published bibliographic descriptions of the content of the described item.
1st = 4 - Location in source given 2nd = Undefined
ǂa Name of source (NR) ǂc Location within source (NR) ǂu Uniform Resource Identifier (NR) ǂx International Standard Serial Number (NR) ǂ3 Materials specified (NR)
Policy and formulation
- Use 510 for bibliographical descriptions of the described item, including its description in a List of Folger exhibition catalogs.
- In general, follow the forms as given in Standard Citation Forms for Rare Materials Cataloging
- If formulating a new citation form, follow the Working Principles of Standard Citation Forms (to be discussed: when to propose the new form to RBMS)
- No general use is currently made of a URI. Do not use to link to the Hamnet record for the bibliography.
- The field does not end with a mark of punctuation, unless the field ends with an abbreviation, initial/letter, or other data that ends with a mark of punctuation.