MARC 510 Reference Citation Note
Revision as of 22:06, 23 February 2015 by ErinBlake (Replaced 2nd ed. of SCF with 3rd ed. (online! free!))
MARC field 510 in the bibliographic format contains citations or references to published bibliographic descriptions of the content of the described item.
1st = 4 - Location in source given 2nd = Undefined
ǂa Name of source ǂc Location Within source ǂu Uniform Resource Identifier
Policy and formulation
- Use 510 for bibliographical descriptions of the described item, including its description in a List of Folger exhibition catalogs.
- In general, follow the forms as given in Standard Citation Forms for Rare Materials Cataloging
- If formulating a new citation form, follow the Working Principles of Standard Citation Forms (to be discussed: when to propose the new form to RBMS)
- No general use is currently made of a URI. Do not use to link to the Hamnet record for the bibliography.
- The field does not end with a mark of punctuation, unless the field ends with an abbreviation, initial/letter, or other data that ends with a mark of punctuation.