MARC 373 Associated Group
MARC field 373 in the authority format contains information about a group, institution, association, etc., that is associated with the entity in the heading (1XX). This can also be a group with which a person is or has been affiliated, including dates of affiliation.
ǂa Associated Group (R) ǂs Start period (NR) ǂt End period (NR) ǂu Uniform Resource Identifier (R) ǂv Source of information (R) ǂ2 Source of term (NR)
Policy and formulation
- Use sparingly, and generally restrict to Shakespeare-related organizations
- Use authorized forms whenever possible.
- Do not add dates (ǂs ǂt) unless multiple 373s are being added and the cataloger judges precise chronology of assocation to be important.
- There will be exceptions as part of special projects, such as adding a 373 for the Folger to NARs for fellows.
- For clergy and other religious figures, add the authorized form for the denomination.
373 Church of England. ǂ2 naf
- See Entity attribute clusters for attributes for use in 37x fields in authority records