MARC 024 Other Standard Identifier (Authority)
MARC field 024 in the Authority format contains a standard number or code associated with the entity named in the 1XX field which cannot be accommodated in another field (for example, field 020 (International Standard Book Number)). This field is repeatable.
- 7 - Source specified in subfield ǂ2
- 2nd (Undefined)
- ǂa Standard number or code (NR)
- ǂz Canceled/invalid standard number or code (R)
- ǂ2 Source of number or code (NR)
Policy and formulation
- Record the VIAF ID for personal and corporate names.
- If the same entity is or might be spread over separable headings, record each ID number in a separate 024
024 7 24925743 ǂ2 viaf
- MARC Authority 024
- MARC Authority 024 in Cataloger's Desktop (Access limited by licensing agreements)