List of fictional representations of the Folger
As a recognizable landmark on Capitol Hill with a certain resonance for writers, the Folger Shakespeare Library has been featured or mentioned in a number of fictional works.
For nonfiction books and resources about or featuring the Folger, please see the article List of nonfiction resources about the Folger.
- Bayard, Louis. The School of Night. New York: Henry Holt and Co., 2010.
- Brown, Dan. The Lost Symbol. New York: Doubleday, 2009.
- Carrell, Jennifer Lee. Interred with Their Bones. New York: Dutton, 2007. (Also called The Shakespeare Secret in the U.K.)
- Goodrum, Charles A. Dewey Decimated. New York : Crown Publishers, 1977.
- Kaye, Marvin. Bullets for Macbeth. New York: E.P. Dutton, 1976.
- Lustbader, Eric van. Robert Ludlum's The Bourne Dominion. New York: Grand Central Publishing, 2011.
- Peterson, Quintin. Guarding Shakespeare. Ram Press, 2013.
- Richards, Clare. Renaissance Summer. New York: Harlequin Silhouette, 1985.
- Philomena. Perf. Judi Dench and Steve Coogan. Weinstein Company, 2013. Film.