Glossary of Folger terminology
This glossary provides explanations of terms and acronyms that are used at the Folger (though some may have originated elsewhere or reflect previous practices).
- CLIR: Council of Library and Information Resources
- EMDA: Early Modern Digital Agendas
- EMMO: Early Modern Manuscripts Online
- IFLA: International Federation of Library Associations
- IMLS: Institute of Museum and Library Services
- NDSR: National Digital Stewardship Residency
- RBMS: The Rare Books and Manuscripts section of the American Library Association, which "represents and promotes the interests of librarians who work with rare books, manuscripts, and other types of special collections."
- SSF: Secondary School Festival
- STC: Short Title Catalogue
- Tea: Shared staff and reader break time in the Tea Room, Monday through Friday, starting at 3pm and ending at 3:30. Complementary coffee, tea, and cookies are served.
- Tea Room: Staff break room on the basement level. Also open to readers at Tea.
- TSI: Teaching Shakespeare Institute