Ecco la Primavera: 14th- and 15th-Century Music from Italy (2011)
Folger Consort performed Ecco la Primavera: 14th- and 15th-Cenutry Music from Italy from March 11 to March 13, 2011, in Folger's Elizabethan Theatre. Italian music blossomed in the early Renaissance, featuring beautiful flowing melodies which helped shape the beginnings of a new style. To welcome spring, Consort performed music from Italian manuscripts by Landini, Hugo and Arnold de Lantins, Ciconia, and Du Fay. All of the program music was composed within about a 70-year span, between about 1370 and 1440, with a stunning variety of sonority, harmonic language, and rhythmic texture.
- Robert Eisenstein: vielle, recorder
- Christopher Kendall: lute, citole
Guest artists: Trefoil
- Drew Minter: countertenor, harp
- Mark Rimple: countertenor, harp, psaltry, citole
- Marcia Young: soprano, harp