The PEN/Faulkner Foundation celebrates readers, writers and literature in America through a variety of events and programs.
The Folger Shakespeare Library hosts an annual evening of readings in celebration of the year's winners and finalists for the PEN/Faulkner Award for Fiction, America's largest peer-juried prize for fiction. In addition, the award judges, share citations written for each of the honorees. Following the readings, a buffet dinner is served in the Paster Reading Room.
- 34th Annual PEN/Faulkner Award for Fiction Ceremony and Dinner (2014)
- Amy Tan and Deborah Tannen: Two Lives in Language (2014)
- The Heart of Things Human: An Evening with Richard Ford, in Conversation with Ron Charles (2014)
- Survival Instincts: First-time Novelists on the Ties That Bind: Ayana Mathis & Justin Torres (2014)
- Whose Lift Is It, Anyway?: The Literary Biographer's Craft: Blake Bailey, Ruth Franklin, and D.T. Max (2014)
- PEN/Malamud Award for Excellence in the Short Story: George Saunders (2013)
- Blood Lines: the Literature of War: Philip Caputo & Kevin Powers (2013)
- The Human Comedy: Serious Humor in the American Novel: Tom Perrotta & Maria Semple (2013)